Job Title: Carpenter
Description: Construction, erect, install, and repair structures, assemblies, and fixtures of wood, concrete, wallboard, plastics, and steel using carpenter’s hand and power tools
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean worksite.
- Adhere to company policies and objectives.
- Demonstrate honesty and show respect during interactions with others.
- Operate company owned motor vehicles for the transportation of staff, materials, assemblies, fixtures, or furniture.
- Inspect structures and fixtures to determine condition or necessary repairs.
- Evaluate tasks and study specifications on work orders, drawings and sketches to prepare project layout, determine dimensions, time & material needs, and efficient method to complete projects.
- Select and order required construction materials.
- Handle, move, and relocate construction materials, assembles, fixtures, or furniture using manual lifting, non-powered material handling equipment, or powered material handling equipment.
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements using hand tools, machines, or power tools.
- Join materials with nails, screws, bolts or adhesives.
- Install materials or fixtures such as concrete forms, concrete, studs, drywall, windows, glass, flooring, ceilings, trim, hardware, spackling, paint, coatings, partitions, or furniture using carpenter’s hand and power tools.
- Selective demolition of structures or assemblies.
- Maintain records and present written progress reports.
- Perform work at ground level as well as at heights using ladders, lifts and scaffolding. Work is also performed in confined spaces and trenches.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the proper use of carpenter’s hand tools such as tape measures, hammers, utility knives, screw drivers, squares, levels, saws, pry bars, wrenches, pliers, chisels, lasers, chisels, and string lines.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the proper use of carpenter’s power tools such as cordless drill/driver, circular saws, jig saws, reciprocating saws, concrete saws, hammer drills, table saws, miter saws, routers, and nail guns.
- Skilled in the safe operation of motor vehicles.
- Ability to operator equipment such as skid loaders, backhoes, forklifts, telehandlers, and high reaches.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal, hand written, electronic) with staff, suppliers, customers and other business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to efficiently complete task in both independent and teamwork settings.
- Ability to delegate tasks to other staff members and manage work teams.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 5 years of relevant skilled trade experience or postsecondary education in related field
- Ability to complete the following lifting and carrying requirements.
- Continuously lift 0-10 pounds
- Frequently lift 11-50 pounds
- Occasionally lift 51-100 pounds
- Ability to continuously stand and walk throughout the workday.
- Ability to occasionally sit, push, pull, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Ability to frequently reach, handle, and finger.
- Ability to properly utilize the following personal protective equipment: safety toed work shoes, pants, safety glasses & goggles, faceshield, hard hat, gloves, hearing protection, respirator, flame resistant clothing, chemical resistance suit, rubber boots, personal fall protection equipment.
- Satisfactorily complete respirator physical and fit test.
- Normally our projects are completed in 8-10 hour shifts during dayshift hours with one 10 minute paid break and one 30 minute unpaid break. The shift and break times are arranged around project and task constraints.
- Normal fulltime workweek is 40 hours.
- Occasionally project constraints require: overtime, extended shifts, evening & night shifts, weekend shifts, and adjusted break periods.
- Project types determine environmental conditions which includes: working 100% outside, working 100% inside, working in temperatures between 10-100 degrees, working in all weather conditions (sun, clouds, wind, rain, sleet, freezing rain, snow, fog)
- Pay Range: $16.50 – $26.50 based on education, knowledge, and experience.
- Benefits include
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short term disability
- Long term disability
- Accident insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Hand tool allowance
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.